Figure skating can be either competitive or recreational, and skaters can choose either route. Competitive skaters are required to test in order to eventually compete in qualifying competitions, and recreational skaters have the option to test in order to continually challenge themselves and their abilities.
The official tests of U.S. Figure Skating may be taken by all figure skaters who are members of a member club or collegiate club, individual members who are currently registered with U.S. Figure Skating and are otherwise qualified under these rules, or skaters who are members of a member association of the ISU.
2015 Test Dates for Kingsgate Skating Club:
Kingsgate Skating Club’s Test dates are not yet scheduled for
2015-16. We are tentatively planning a Test on the afternoon of Thursday
July 30, 2015.
· Applications and Fees must be received by the Test Chair fourteen (14) days in advance of the test
· Fees are nonrefundable; fees can be applied to another test date by submitting a note from your doctor
· Applications received after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist or moved to the next test session
· Application priority is given to KSC members in the order received, followed by other club members
· Each skater who is testing must submit $5 for Judges’ hospitality
· Test schedules will be posted 7 days prior to the test date
· Applications will not be processed without coach’s signature and correct payment
· All members of clubs other than Kingsgate Skating Club must pay an additional $20